September 13, 2019. East Tawas, Michigan. Join the fun and participate in this popular annual event full of something for everyone! The festivities begin Friday, October 11 from 5 - 9
September 13, 2019. East Tawas, Michigan. Join the fun and participate in this popular annual event full of something for everyone! The festivities begin Friday, October 11 from 5 – 9 p.m. and continue Saturday, October 12 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, October 11:
5 – 9 p.m. – FREE hayrides around the Tawas Point State Park and Lighthouse area. The Pickup Point for this event will be State Park Camp Host area inside the Campground or around the Lighthouse Crib area. Dress in costume IF YOU DARE….or come as you are and join in!
5 – 9 p.m. – See the Tawas Point Lighthouse “in costume” with spooky Halloween garb just special for this unique once a year event! Take a trip inside….but BEWARE, you may not believe your eyes…and ears. Tickets for lighthouse tours can be purchased at the Lighthouse Gift Shop/Store from 5 – 9 p.m. for just $2 per person. This gives you a rare opportunity to see the lighthouse decorated during the evening hours. Although no “formal” guided tours will be held, take your time looking through the museum, and you will definitely want to trek the 85 stairs up the lighthouse tower for an unforgettable lantern room view!
Saturday, October 12:
11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Hayrides Continue!!!… Pick-up sites will be between the State Campground Camp Host site inside the park and the Lighthouse crib area …a great way to see the area, including all the creatively decorated camping sites inside Tawas Point State Park for this special event.
11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Lighthouse tours – of the self-guided kind – will be available, in case you missed them Friday night, or want to come back for a second visit with friends or family. Only $2 each with tickets available at the Lighthouse Gift Shop/Store.
Free Family Friendly games and events for all age levels will take place in and around the Event Tent near the Lighthouse Gift Shop/Store:
– Try a Make and Take pumpkin painting project
– Bite an apple on a string (it isn’t as easy as it looks)
– Fashion your very own corn husk doll (just like the lighthouse children used to)
– Try your hand at lawn games of corn hole, croquet and more
– Wander through the Haunted Cemetery with it’s entertaining tombstones
– Family and Friends Photo Ops of all types: How about at the pirate ship “docked” near the lighthouse flagpole area, the Haunted Cemetery, our “magical” tree stump, beautiful Historical Marker, and of course, the historical Tawas Point Lighthouse? (post all your family friendly photos on the Friends of Tawas Point Facebook page, as well as the DNR Facebook page at Facebook.com/tawaspointstatepark and SHARE them with others!!!)
– Take in the Fall colors, do some bird watching, go for a hike, or amuse yourself with people watching, since costumes are welcome and encouraged throughout the entire event.
6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Monster Bash Dance – The popular event is held inside the decorated Day Use Area Pavilion near the Lake Huron beach side of the park. Attendees will be entertained with live DJ music and can dance or just enjoy meeting old friends and making new ones. Feel free to wear a costume, or come as you are. The dance is supervised, and light refreshments will be served. Feel free to wear a costume, or come as you are.
This entire event is brought to you by the Michigan Dept. of Natural Resources team at Tawas Point State Park, the Michigan History Center, and with assistance and financial support from the Friends of Tawas Point Lighthouse and State Park to say thank you for another great season! Like us on Facebook at Friends of Tawas Point Lighthouse and State Park, and Facebook.com/TawasPointStatePark. Check out our website at tawaslighthousefriends.com, or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Remember! All vehicles require a Recreation Passport to enter all Michigan State Parks)
(Saturday) 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tawas Point Lighthouse
Friends of the Tawas Point State Park